Your FOOLPROOF First Bow Drill
In this course, you'll learn the same simple system that David uses with his students to help break the barriers and demolish the learning curve that stand between them and their first bow drill fire.
Your Bow Drill Fire Awaits!
- A Message From David
Detailed Course Description
Foolproof First Bow Drill Fire Kit
What are other students saying?
Foolproof First Bow Drill Fire Kit
Awesome course, will assemble my kit over the weekend. Thank you.
Awesome course, will assemble my kit over the weekend. Thank you.Read Less
Bow Drill Fire Kit
This course was very helpful. So many times I would get the speed needed for my amber but I would get a lot of friction where the hand help dowel would cause...Read More
This course was very helpful. So many times I would get the speed needed for my amber but I would get a lot of friction where the hand help dowel would cause me to slow down. I never would have taught of using a shot glass. I give this class a full five stars and would recommend it to my friends.Read Less
FOOLPROOF FIRST BOW DRILL FIRE KIT
SPLENDID TECHNIQUESRead Less
Been wanting to do this all my life and finally at 51 I'm going to make my bowdrill kit and do it! Thanks for the fantastic instruction.
Been wanting to do this all my life and finally at 51 I'm going to make my bowdrill kit and do it! Thanks for the fantastic instruction.Read Less
Who is this project for?
Here's what you can expect to learn from the course!
Understand the 4 key reasons bow drill fires fail and how this course will help you overcome them.
Learn to make a foolproof bow drill fire kit with items you have around the house.
Discover how to set up your bow drill kit for the first time.
Learn to use your bow drill kit to make a fire.
Discover how to self correct most common bow drill mistakes.
Discover how to harness the power of the fire triangle to make fire almost anytime / anywhere and turn failed bow drill fire attempts into boss blazes.
Learn how to involve your family in bow drill kit construction.
Discover how to do team bow drilling.
Amaze your friends and family with your boss bow drill skills.
Meet Your Instructor
Outdoor Skills Educator
David @ Ultimate Survival Tips
David is the Founder Ultimate Survival Tips and Tiny Survival. He is an author, outdoor skills educator, business consultant, knife and gear designer. David is the co-author of the Tiny Survival Guide and the designer of the MSK-1 Survival Knife System. David currently co-hosts (and is the Executive Producer) of The Survival Show Podcast. David served our country in the Marine Corps and Army Reserves and lives in the beautiful Endless Mountains of North Central Pennsylvania. He enjoys rural living with his wife Carin and their family. David has a passion to help people responsibly enjoy the outdoors and become better prepared for any type of emergency, disaster or society altering event while keeping things in prospective - living each day to the fullest.
These are the suggested materials you'll need to complete the course.
- 1/2” dia. x 24” long (1.3 cm. x 61 cm.) PVC pipe
- 1” thick x 4” wide x 30” long (10 cm. x 2.54 cm. x76 cm.) kiln dried whiteboard (pine, spruce, fir, poplar) - OR - 10” long 7/8” diameter poplar dowel rod
- 30” (76 cm.) of cordage (paracord, thick jute twine, boot shoe string)
- 10 - 20 cotton balls - OR - 36” piece of jute twine
- Shot glass
- Note or business Card
- Lighter or match
- Sharp utility or pocket knife
- Bucket of water
- Leather work gloves
- Can of soup
Building Your Kit
- Lesson 1: Four Reasons Bow Drill Fires Fail
- Lesson 2: Bow Drill Kit - Parts and Materials
- Lesson 3: Building Your Foolproof Bow
- Lesson 4: Carving Your Foolproof Spindle / Drill
- Lesson 5: Crafting Your Foolproof Fire Board
- Lesson 6: Foolproof Bow Drill Techniques + BONUS: Game-Changing Bow Drill Success Tip
- Lesson 7: Cutting Your Pie Notch
- Lesson 8: Foolproof Tinder Bundle and Bow Drill Fire
- BONUS SESSON: One-On-One Bow Drill Coaching + Team Bow Drill Technique