Includes 1-hour Private Zoom Tutoial!
Using the principles of the Ham Cram Joe Bassett will prepare you to upgrade your amateur radio license for General class frequency privileges. In this upgrade course, founder of Valiant Outfitters, LLC and amateur radio expert Joe Bassett (W1WCN) equips you to learn and retain the more in depth electrical theory, operating procedures, and FCC regulations necessary to pass the General class level amateur radio exam. Joe developed his ham cram system when he “put the cookies of amateur radio on the bottom shelf” for himself to grasp and pass the exam. With his attitude of “if I can do it, anyone can,” Joe guarantees that you can pass the exam in three attempts or less (Joe earned his Technician and General licenses with 97% correct and the coveted Amateur Extra class license with 100%!) . In this exclusive online four hour video presentation, plus one hour virtual tutoring session, Joe shares the same mnemonics, tips, and learning aids used by hundreds of hams to enjoy a lifetime hobby and contribute to society during times of disaster and crisis.
Joe earned his first amateur radio operator’s license in 2009 and since then has helped hundreds of others earn theirs. He has deployed to support radio communication in five hurricanes, including serving as the coordinator for amateur radio emergency communication for the Red Cross and FEMA in Puerto Rico following hurricane Maria. Drawing on hundreds of hours of experience he is a frequent lecturer about the role of amateur radio in future disasters and leadership of volunteer teams. His knowledge of off-the-grid radio operation supports Joe’s role as founder of Valiant Outfitters, LLC and program director for The Salvation Army’s Camp Sebago Wilderness program for at-risk teens in Maine.
- Ham Cram General Welcome
- Materials & Helpful Links
- Ham Cram General Electrical Principles
- Ham Cram General Circuits and Components
- Ham Cram General Station Operation Receive
- Ham Cram General Station Operation Transmit
- Ham Cram General Station Operation Other
- Ham Cram General Station Operation Testing and Monitoring
- Ham Cram General Station Operation Safety
- Ham Cram General Station Operation Antenna Systems
- Ham Cram General FCC Rules Frequency Privileges
- Ham Cram General FCC Rules Exams & Licenses
- Ham Cram General FCC Rules Practice & Engineering
- Ham Cram General Operating Procedures Voice
- Ham Cram General Operating Procedures Digital & CW
- Ham Cram General Operating Procedures Propagation
- Ham Cram General Next Steps