A download link is included to download and print the free PDF pattern on standard 8.5x11 computer paper. A detailed assembly video is included. You can use this template to make as many chairs as you want - it's yours to keep! Pattern created and designed by Creek Stewart.
Learn how to properly sew the Lockstitch using a basic sewing awl.
Learn how to properly lash and set a tripod.
Cut, sew, and assemble your own custom camp chair from start to finish!
In this course, Creek will show you how to use a Speedy Stitcher brand awl to sew your chair top using the lockstitch. The Speedy Stitcher is a great tool for sewing thick canvas or leather. It can also be used to repair shoes, backpacks, and other gear. It's a great tool that every outdoorsman or woman would appreciate. While it's not necessary to complete the course, it's very helpful. Here's the Amazon link if you wish to purchase one before taking the course: https://amzn.to/3ioeIy2
Creek Stewart is a Wilderness Survival Instructor, Author, and Television Host. He currently hosts the hit show SOS HOW TO SURVIVE on The Weather Channel and is the owner of Willow Haven Outdoor Survival School in Central Indiana.
- Let's Get Started!
- Materials Discussion [Quick Resource Links]
- [FREE] Downloadable & Printable PDF Template (for standard 8.5x11 standard computer paper)
- Preparing & Assembling the Template
- Tracing the Template & Cutting Out the Pattern
- Using a Speedy Stitcher Awl - Introduction
- Sewing the Chair: How to Use an Awl to Sew a Lockstitch
- Gathering Your Sticks for Your Tripod Chair Framework
- How to Lash the Tripod Lashing
- Setting Up the Tripod Chair Framework