Learn how to design and make your own patterns!
Learn how to select the type, grade, and thickness of leather needed!
Learn how to wet mold and shape leather!
Learn how to hand-stitch leather using simple tools & techniques!
Learn an alternative age old method of coloring hides used by pioneers!
And so much more!
- Welcome & What to Expect
- SAFETY Briefing
- Materials Selection Part 1: Basic Tools [with DOWNLOADABLE MATERIALS LIST]
- Materials Selection Part 2: Shaping & Design
- Materials Selection Part 3: Gluing & Clamping
- Leather Selection: Part 1
- Leather Selection: Part 2
- Layout & Design: Part 1
- Layout & Design: Part 2
- Cutting Out Sheath & Welt
- Stitching the Belt Loop: Part 1
- Stitching the Belt Loop: Part 2
- Stitching the Belt Loop: Part 3
- Wet Molding Your Leather Sheath
- Gluing and Clamping
- Stiching Sheath: Part 1 [WITH DOWNLOAD ILLUSTRATION]
- Stiching Sheath: Part 2
- Slicking Edges
- Finish Overveiw
- Black Dye [Vinegar Based]
- Light Tan Dye
- Thank You and Wrap Up
Kevin has had a lifelong interest in the outdoors. His hobbies include hiking, canoeing, beekeeping and leatherwork. He has drawn great inspiration from the life and mindset of Daniel Boone, growing up not far from his final homestead in Missouri. Kevin has been making his own belts, knives, knife sheaths and other leather gear for over a decade. He has also served as a volunteer instructor teaching leather work to kids and young adults in his community.