LEARN TO TRAP!
Was very interesting and well put together. Squirrels in northern Ontario,Canada are small. Did not know you can use conibears for fishing. Course was very ...Read More
Was very interesting and well put together. Squirrels in northern Ontario,Canada are small. Did not know you can use conibears for fishing. Course was very informative. French is my first language,I understand it ,well put together. Will look for other courses at outdoor core and will check burning river bushcraft on YouTube Thank you DanielRead Less
Never thought I’d be drawn to trapping, this course just proved me wrong. Definitely going to learn more about trapping and will be purchasing and using some...Read More
Never thought I’d be drawn to trapping, this course just proved me wrong. Definitely going to learn more about trapping and will be purchasing and using some conibears. Very knowledgeable and professional instruction.Read Less
This was very informative. Thanks
This was very informative. ThanksRead Less
Learn about the types & sizes of Conibear Body Grip Traps (#110, #220, #330 & More!)
SAFETY! Learn critical safety tips and skills, including how to use tong setters & a safety tool.
Learn all of the details for how to SET & STABILIZE Conibear Traps.
Learn how to prepare & dress a NEW TRAP for use in the field.
Learn how to build a lightweight MOBILE trapping kit.
Learn how to build a LONG-TERM Bucket Trapping Kit.
Learn how to select trap locations (from years of experience & success)!
Learn several of the best Conibear Trap Sets, including the Cubby Set, the Pond-Slide Set, the Diagonal Set, the Horizontal Set, and the Vertical Set!
BONUS: Learn "survival-style" trap sets that should only be used in a survival scenario.
PLUS - resource shopping links to recommended Conibear traps, tools, and more!
James was raised in an outdoor life style. He grew up shooting, hunting, fishing, camping and trapping at every opportunity. After 20 years as a competitive shooter he retired from competition after winning an IDPA State Title. He continues to teach firearm classes as an NRA instructor. James has studied short and long term wilderness skills, urban survival, wilderness first aid, herbal medicine, botany and wildcrafting, green woodworking, knapping, blacksmithing, bladesmithing, bowmaking and trapping. He is passionate about learning, testing and developing new skills. He enjoys passing on these skills either in person, as an Instructor at Campcraft Outdoors, through YouTube and Online courses. If he is not working on a new skill or sitting silently in a tree stand watching a game trail, he is probably spending time with his wife of over 20 years and their two kids.
- Terms & Conditions, Disclaimers, and Waiver of Liability
- THE CONIBEAR TRAP: History, Discussion, Parts
- Trapping Laws & Regulations
- Conibear Trap Sizes & Variations for Survival Applications
- How to Satabilize a Conibear Trap (It's critical you understand this.)
- Preparing a New Conibear for the Trapline
- Tuning and Modifying a Conibear Trap
- How to Set a Double Spring Conibear Trap with a Tong Setter
- How to Rope Set a Double Spring Conibear Trap
- How to Use a Robbies Trap Setter (or similar) to Set a Double Spring Conibear Trap
- Building Your Mobile Survival Trapping Kit (the components)
- Building a Bucket Based Long Term Survival Trapping Kit (the components)
- Mobile Haversack Based Survival Trapping Kit: Show and Tell
- Bucket Based Conibear Trapping Kit: Show and Tell
- Trap Placement and Stabilizing a Trap Using the X-Technique
- The Cubby Set
- Screw in Coniber Bracket Crossing Set
- Conibracket Safety Hack
- Stabilizing a Trap Using the Lath Board Technique
- Pond Slide Set with a Bracket Stand
- Trapping in Icy Conditions
- Vertical, Horizontal, and Diagonal Log Set
- Milk Jug Set
- Trapping Links, Info, & Resources
- Closing Remarks