Well written, good idea to use a "news cast" simulating a real storm to provide some realism as well as to stimulate thinking.
Well written, good idea to use a "news cast" simulating a real storm to provide some realism as well as to stimulate thinking.Read Less
This course is a great to get starting in disaster preparedness.
This course is a great to get starting in disaster preparedness.Read Less
You are concerned about the state of the world.
From more frequent and larger natural disasters to pandemics, civil unrest and economic uncertainty... the world is changing!
You want to be confident in your knowledge, skills, plans and gear to keep yourself & family safe when disasters strike.
You know you "should be" better prepared but have trouble finding the time, you don't no what to do next, or you want to improve on the preparesness steps you have already taken.
Sara Quirino, Participant & Mother
Chantale Killey, Participant
Bill Clark, Father & Participant
7 Days of Video Preparedness Lessons covering Situational Awareness, Emergency Communications, Emergency Kits & Gear, Preparing to Hunker Down, Water Storage, Collection, and Purification, Health & Hygiene, and Recovery
5+ Bonus Videos Covering "In the Field" Survival Skills
100+ Page Survival Guide + 4 Printable Worksheets for Your Home's Emergency Binder
Top Preparedness Gear Recommendations to Buy/Make at Home
3 Bonus eBooks from the "Survival Family" Series
Build Confidence & Peace of Mind!
Access to Expert Advice from Chris & Affiliates
Chris is the founder and lead trainer at Changing World, a consulting and training firm helping both individuals and organizations adapt and thrive in our changing world and climate. They focus on emergency preparedness planning, sustainable and resilient design, and training in survival skills, emergency response and self-reliance. Chris brings a very diverse skill set and life experience to all his courses, consulting and training, including: 12 years as Wilderness & Urban Survival Instructor, 14 years as a Back-Country Wilderness Guide, 10 years living-on and building a modern day homestead where he grows food & medicinal herbs using permaculture and forest gardening techniques. 6 years experience running emergency exercises and training with government and private organizations. Chris is also a life-long martial artist, certified wildlife tracker, teacher at Sir Sanford Fleming College and has a strong background in ecology.
- A Message from Chris Gilmour, your Survive the Storms Instructor
- WELCOME VIDEO FREE PREVIEW
- ATTN Parents: Watch this video before going through the course with your children
- [DOWNLOAD] Survive the Storms Survival Guide
- Course & Downloads Disclaimer
- Day 1 Newscast
- Day 1 Situational Awareness Action Plan
- [BONUS DOWNLOAD] Survive the Storms Awareness Journal
- Day 2 Newscast
- Day 2 Communications Action Plan
- [BONUS STS COMMUNICATIONS VIDEO]: Intro to Radio Communications During a Disaster
- [BONUS DOWNLOAD] Family Emergency Communications Plan
- [BONUS DOWNLOAD] Family Emergency Check-In Plan
- Day 3 Newscast
- Day 3 Emergency Kits Action Plan
- [BONUS DOWNLOAD] Basics Item Checklist
- Day 4 Newscast
- Day 4 Home Preparation Action Plan
- [BONUS STS SKILLS VIDEO]: Home Survival Shelter
- Day 5 Newscast
- Day 5 Water Action Plan
- Water Related Hazard Journal Exercise
- [BONUS STS SKILLS VIDEO]: Building an Improvised Water Catchment System
- Day 6 Newscast
- Day 6 Health & Hygiene Action Plan
- [BONUS DOWNLOAD] Hazard Journal
- [BONUS STS GEAR VIDEO]: Every Day Carry Kit
- Day 7 Newscast
- Day 7 Recovery Action Plan
- [BONUS STS ACTION VIDEO]: Best Call Phone Apps for Emergency & Disaster Preparedness